We collect and use your personal data when you use or engage with:
- our AI fitness and nutrition coach, Rex Nutribot (either on WhatsApp or on Telegram)
- our computer vision workouts application (app.rex.fit),
- our website (www.rex.fit), and whenever you choose to contact us via email, phone, or social media.
2. Who are we?
- BabylonAI GmbH, a company incorporated in the Swiss Confederation with its registered office at 59 Luegislandstrasse, 8051 Zurich, Switzerland, and company number CHE-465.721.733, which provides you the Services if you are resident in the EEA or Switzerland.
- BabylonAI Inc., a Delaware company with its registered office at 1111B S Governors Ave, 19904 Dover, DE, United States, and company number 92-1567418, which provides you the Services if you’re not a resident of the EEA or Switzerland.
In certain circumstances, third parties may (also) be responsible for the processing of your personal data. In that case, we recommend that you consult the privacy policies of these third parties.
3. Which personal data do we process and why?
We will only process your personal data for a specific purpose and to the extent permitted by law. Depending on the interaction you have with our website and services, here is breakdown of what personal data we process and why:
3.1. AI fitness and nutrition coach
When you use our AI fitness and nutrition coach, we process the following personal data:
- basic identity information such as first and last name (if you’ve included it in your WhatsApp profile) and your phone number;
- information that will help us give you personalized fitness and nutrition coaching, such as your birthday, sex, fitness goal (maintain, lose, bulk), current height, current weight
- we ask you for your time zone in order to send you reminders at a time that’s appropriate for you (e.g., at the end of the day)
- any other data you provide us by texting our bot, including message history, food logs, time of last submission of food log, time of last request, workout logs, types of workouts recommended, activity log.
We will collect and use this personal data to:
- create your account and provide you with personalized advice, suggestions, and workout and meal plans with our AI fitness coach. We’re processing this data because it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, namely your subscription to our AI fitness and nutrition coach service. In addition, we’ll ask for your consent before processing your health data.
- log your meals and workouts, track your daily calorie intake, and give you personalized workout recommendations. We’re processing this data because it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, namely your subscription to our AI fitness and nutrition coach service. In addition, we’ll ask for your consent before processing your health data.
3.2. Computer vision workout application
When you use our computer vision workout application (app.rex.fit), we process the following personal data:
- basic identity information such as your name and email address;
- information on your body type and fitness goals: age, sex, activity goal, goal weight, current weight, current height, workout frequency;
- video recordings of your workout sessions. We collect this data only if you give us consent and we’ll ask for your consent before the beginning of each session.
We collect and use this personal data to:
- track your workout movements with computer vision, count reps and recommend you appropriate workout routines depending on your fitness goals. We’re processing this data because it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, namely your subscription to app.rex.fit. In addition, we’ll ask for your consent before processing your health data.
- improve the performance of our AI model with the help of video recordings. We always ask for your consent before recording you.
3.3. Website and communications
When you use our website, social media or communicate with us via any digital communication channel, we process the following personal data:
- the basic identity information you provide to us such as full name and e-mail address,
- the content of your communication and the technical details of the communication itself (with whom you correspond at our end, date and time, etc.);
- technical information associated with the device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, geographical location and operating system;
- information concerning your browsing behavior, such as how long you visit, what links you click on, what pages you visit and how many times you visit a page.
- any other personal data you choose to provide to us.
We will collect and use this personal data to:
- allow for the communication between you and us, for which we rely on our legitimate interest to be able to respond to your requests, questions or feedback (e.g. when you use our contact form or contact us via social media, phone, or email);
- improve the website’s and social media pages’ content and the overall experience, for which we rely on our own legitimate interest to offer our visitors an interesting online space;
- detect and prevent malware, illegal content and behaviour and other types of misuse, for which we rely on our legitimate interest to keep our online presence safe.
4. With whom do we share your personal data?
In principle, we do not share your personal data with anyone but the suppliers who help us offer you our services and process your personal data. Anyone who has access to your personal data will always be bound by strict legal or contractual obligations to keep your personal data safe and confidential.
We firmly state that we do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to third parties. This includes any information that could be used to identify you personally, such as your name, email address, phone number, payment details, or any of the data you choose to share with our AI fitness and nutrition coach.
Whenever transfers of European citizens’ personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) takes place, we take sufficient safeguards to protect your personal data during the transfer (e.g. by entering into an agreement based on standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission).
We use the following third-party providers in order to provide you with our services whenever you choose to use our AI fitness and nutrition bot:
- Twilio API - it manages the phone number we use to interact with you on WhatsApp and allows us to send and receive messages through WhatsApp. You can see the Data Protection Addendum (DPA) that applies with respect to the processing of your data here.
- OpenAI API - it’s the backbone of our WhatsApp bot, through the API we parse answers, extract context, estimate food items’ nutritional content when the data not available in local database, provide workout recommendations, etc. As we use OpenAI’s API, all of the data remains in our control and is not sent to OpenAI to train their model. We have a Data Processing Addendum (DPA) with OpenAI which we can provide you upon request.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will only be processed for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes described above or, when we have asked you for your consent, until you withdraw your consent.
All personal data we collect through our interactions with you via our website, social media, and other communication channels will be kept for as long as required to communicate with you, but also to keep a historical archive of our communications. This allows us to revert back to earlier communications if you return to us with new questions, requests, feedback, or other input.
As a general rule, we will de-identify your personal data when it is no longer needed for the purposes described above or when the retention period has expired. However, we cannot delete your personal data if there is a legal or regulatory obligation or a court or administrative order preventing us from doing so.
6. Your rights regarding your personal data
You have certain rights related to the processing of your personal data: the right of access, rectification, erasure, and data portability as well as the right to object to or limit the processing of your personal data and to withdraw your consent.
To exercise one of your rights, you can submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the right to which your request relates. If you are still dissatisfied, you have the right to contact the competent data protection authority.
Last edited on 31 January 2024.